To verify or change the WiFi security settings of your router, follow these steps:
- Log into your wireless router by entering the IP address of your router into a web browser.
- The IP address can be found in the router manual.
- If prompted, enter the username and password for the router. The default username and password will also be listed in the router manual.
- Once you’ve logged in, look for the Wireless option.
- For Security Mode, select WPA, WPA2-Personal (WPA2-PSK) or None. If given an option for encryption, select AES. TKIP encryption is not compatible. Note: If "None" is selected for wireless security, a password isn’t required to join your network.
- In some cases, you may have to change your WiFi password. If you have to change your password, you will have to enter the updated password for all of the devices (computers, tablets, smartphones, etc.) that connect to your network.
- Click "Save" or "Apply Changes."
- Your router may reboot itself to apply the changes.
If you have difficulty logging into your router, you can contact your internet service provider or router manufacturer for additional assistance.