With Geofencing and Mysa you can now automate how your home's heat works, based on being home or heading out! If this sounds like something you'd like, then Geofencing is for you!
To set up a geofence, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to Geofencing: Begin by opening the menu, select Manage Mysa Homes, select your home, and geofencing.
- Setting up Geofencing: Proceed through the getting started steps and be sure to 'Always Allow' location as Mysa needs this to send location updates from your app to the thermostat. Select Setup Geofence to create a geofence for your home and the Mysa.
- Set your Location Within the App: Ensure the pin is in the correct location, as close to your Mysa as possible. You can drag and drop the pin if it is not in the right area. Additionally, you can adjust the boundary (radius) for entering and exiting your location. Currently, 150meters is the recommended boundary. Exceeding this may result in the geofence not working correctly.
- After setting your location you will be asked to set what action you would like Mysa to take when entering the geofence. This is based on existing shortcuts within the Mysa App (see Shortcuts). There are three shortcuts: Home, Away, and Vacation. Additionally, you can select to customize your shortcuts directly from this section. To choose the action, click 'No Action' and select the applicable shortcut.
After selecting the Entry Action, you will be prompted to select the Exit Action like the option before simply select the 'No Action' button and select the action you wish Mysa to perform when you leave your location.
- You will now receive a summary screen with all the settings you have selected. From here, you can also choose to receive a push notification to your phone each time a geofence action is initiated. To complete the process, simply select save at the top.