- Set up your thermostat with your Mysa App and name your thermostat.
- Tell Alexa to “Enable Mysa Thermostat skill." You also have the option to download and use the Alexa App or go to alexa.amazon.com.
- In the Alexa App or alexa.amazon.com go to the menu and select Add Device.
- Find Thermostats and select Mysa Thermostat. Follow the on-screen instructions to link your Mysa account to Alexa. You will be prompted to enter your Mysa username and password to authorize Alexa to access your thermostats.
- Select Add Device so that Alexa can find your camera. You can also say, “Discover my devices.” After Alexa finds your thermostat, it’s listed under Devices in the Smart Home section of the Alexa App.
- If the name of your Mysa shares a name with a group in Amazon Alexa, you'll first need to add the thermostat to that group, or else your Alexa commands will fail.
- Alternatively, you can rename the thermostat to something other than the group name from the device list in the Alexa App
- Optional: Naming your thermostat.
- The thermostat will be set up with the same name used in your Mysa App. If you wish to call your thermostat by a different name when using voice commands, you can modify the thermostat name in the Alexa App or alexa.amazon.com by tapping on the thermostat within the Smart Home section of the Alexa App then tapping Edit name. This will not update the thermostat name in the Mysa App.
- If you re-name your thermostat in the Mysa App, you will need to have your Amazon device re-discover your camera in order for the new camera name to be reflected in the Alexa App. In order to do this, in the Alexa App or alexa.amazon.com go to the menu and select Smart Home. In the Devices tab, tap Add Device. Alexa will discover devices, and won’t find any new devices but the new thermostat name will be reflected when you view your devices.
To disconnect your thermostat from Alexa, open the Alexa App or alexa.amazon.com, and go to the menu and select Smart Home. In the devices tab, tap your thermostat then use the options to delete or disable the thermostat.
If you need further help, Amazon has additional instructions here.