Mysa needs to be connected to the internet to use all of the features, but a small number of WiFi routers aren’t compatible with Mysa. Signs of this include not being able to connect to WiFi during setup, or Offline status in the app because of a WiFi disconnection.
WiFi Requirements to use Mysa:
- Home Wi-Fi® 2.4 GHz (802.11 B/G/N)
- None, WPA or WPA2 (AES) Network Security
- Support mDNS for use with Apple products
If your router is listed below:
- Make sure your router’s firmware is up to date: check the manufacturer's website, contact their support, or contact your ISP if they provided your router.
- Check that your WiFi equipment settings comply with Mysa recommended router settings.
If your router settings match the recommended settings but you are still having issues, contact your internet service provider and exchange your router or modem for a compatible one.
- If your router wasn’t provided by your ISP, you may need to upgrade it yourself.
List of problematic routers:
The following list shows routers that have tested to be problematic with Mysa, however, this does not mean they are completely incompatible. Some routers may require users to change their router settings.
- Actiontec MI424WR
- ARRIS EA9200
- ARRIS TG1672
- ARRIS TG862
- ASUS RT-AC1200
- Bell Home Hub 3000
- Business Class Routers
- Google Fiber
- Netgear Orbi
- Xfinity/Comcast Routers
- Technicolor TC8717T
- Ubee Routers
- D-Link DIR-822