|This article applies to:|
Warning: The installation of high voltage equipment should be performed by a qualified electrician. Please ensure that you comply with local electrical codes and regulations. Improper installation can lead to device failure and even cause a fire. Damage to thermostat due to improper installation is not covered under warranty.
Why perform this test?
If you miswire the GFCI, it may not prevent personal injury or death to a ground fault (electric shock). If you mistakenly connect the LINE wires to the LOAD terminals, the thermostat faceplate will not illuminate after installation.
How to perform this test?
- Verify the thermostat's fault light is off. If it is on, press the reset button.
- Turn the heater on to the maximum temperature setting, and wait ten minutes.
- Press the test button. If the fault light illuminates and after 5-10 minutes the floor heater cools off, you have installed the thermostat correctly.
- Press the reset button to end the test.
- Repeat this test once a month to ensure proper operation.