One of the many benefits of baseboard heating is that you can easily control your heating in zones. This means that you can control your heating room-by-room rather than by one central thermostat. At Mysa, we think of zones as groups of thermostats, usually 2 or more thermostats. Thermostats in the same zone all follow the same schedule and will all have the same set-point temperature.
How to create a zone
- Open the Mysa app and tap menu
- Tap create zones
- Tap start
- On the name your zone screen, tap the text input field to create the name for your zone
- Tap the rooms (thermostats) that you'd like to add to this zone. A checkmark indicates that the room was added.
- Tap confirm to end the process
- An alert will appear indicating that you have successfully created a zone. Tap one of the options to either create another zone or return to the home menu.
How can I change the name of a thermostat or zone?
You need to open the Mysa app and tap on the thermostat card of the zone you'd like to change. On the thermostat/zone screen tap the current zone name and a keypad will pop up. Type in the new name for this zone and tap return on your keypad to save the change.
The following video will show you how to change the name of a thermostat or zone:
How do I remove thermostats from a Zone?
If you have added a thermostat to a zone but now want to control the unit by itself it is a simple few steps:
- Select the arrow on the existing zone - this will show all the devices that are currently grouped in that zone.
- Select the thermostat you wish to remove from the zone.
- Select the Gear icon for that thermostat (top right)
- Tap the Zone Name
- Select Remove from Zone
You have successfully removed this thermostat from the Zone!
How do I delete a Zone?
If you are looking to remove a zone completely simply follow the steps below (this will not delete the thermostats, just the zone):
- Select the Zone you wish to delete
- Click the Garbage Can in the top right
- Confirm deleting the zone
You have successfully deleted the zone!