|This article applies to:|
Mysa was connected but now I can't pair or connect it again
This usually occurs because there is an interference between the device and the thermostat. The following are some steps to fix this issue:
- Delete the problematic thermostat from the Mysa app.
- Delete the problematic thermostat from the Apple HomeKit app (only for HomeKit users)
- Reboot the device used to connect with Mysa.
- Put the thermostat into pairing mode by performing a factory reset. Hold down the up and down arrows for 10-15 seconds. The thermostat should reboot and a smiley face should appear.
- Turn the breaker connected to the thermostat off then back on again.
- Attempt to pair the thermostat again.
If this process fails, repeat steps 3-5 again.
My thermostat has disconnected from Wifi, and is showing a down arrow (upside down triangle)
If your Mysas have recently disconnected from Wifi, and you notice a down arrow (upside down triangle) on the thermostat, then you'll need to re-connect to Wifi through the Mysa app.
In the app, open the side bar menu and tap 'Add Thermostat'. Follow the steps in the app to get it online.
Troubleshooting when Mysa disconnects or is offline on the Mysa app
Here are some steps to follow if your Mysa has been previously connected to your network but disconnects repeatedly or shows Offline in the Mysa app. If you cannot access your thermostat from the mobile app, and you see a red exclamation mark in the app, your Mysa is likely offline.
*Note- You'll still be able to change the set point temperature by pressing the up and down arrows on the thermostat. Mysa will also continue your schedules as normal, however, you won't be able to change the schedules until Mysa is re-connected to Wifi.
The easiest way to reconnect your Mysa is to reboot the thermostat. This can be done by holding down the down arrow for about 15-20 seconds. You should see the temperature lower, then enter off mode, represented by the dashed line. Keep holding down the arrow until you see 'RT'. Let go of the arrow, and the thermostat should reboot and show a smiley face.
Once this is finished, you should be able to re-connect Mysa to Wifi.