Off mode doesn’t turn off the power to your Mysa, instead, Off mode disables all heating from your electric heaters. In other words, Mysa will not send an electrical current to your heater.
Off mode will turn off any heaters connected to the Mysa thermostat.This mode is perfect when you’re not at your cottage during the summer. Off mode will completely override your thermostat's schedule.
You can enable off mode from the Mysa app or from the thermostat itself.
To enable off mode from the thermostat:
- Go to the thermostat
- Hold the down arrow so the thermostat will start lowering the setpoint temperature
- Let go of the down arrow when Mysa displays three dots, indicating off mode.
- The thermostat is now in off mode.
To enable off mode from the Mysa app:
- Open the Mysa app
- Tap the tile of the thermostat you wish to turn off
- Press the icon in the bottom left-hand corner. A pop-up menu should appear
- Tap the off mode, represented by the plug icon.
Your thermostat will stay connected to the internet while turned Off so that it can automatically download any available software updates, and you’ll still be able to control it with the Mysa app.
If you're trying to turn off or lower the brightness of your Mysa's display, check out this article.