Warning: Any work with high voltage equipment can be dangerous or even fatal. It should be performed by a qualified electrician. Please ensure that you comply with local electrical codes and regulations.
Mysa Thermostats have a Wi-Fi chip that can broadcast a Wi-Fi network, just like your router does. This is Mysa's pairing mode. Mysa Thermostats are in pairing mode for 15 minutes after one of two things:
- Resetting the device
- Powering the device (for the first time or after turning off the power)
When the thermostat is in pairing mode, you will see the following triangular pattern on the display:
You can pair a Mysa Thermostat to your account in the app by connecting your smart device to the Wi-Fi network broadcasted by the installed Mysa Thermostat. The Mysa network will look something like this when you search for available Wi-Fi networks:
If you don't see this network, or you only see the network of another thermostat you have already connected, reset the thermostat. Resetting your thermostat will make the Wi-Fi network appear again.
Here's what you need to do:
- Press both the up and down buttons of your thermostat for 10 seconds
- You will see the thermostat reset and the smiley face appear
- The upside down triangle will now appear on the thermostats display to indicate pairing mode
- The Wi-Fi network is now available for you to connect to
Another way to put your thermostat in pairing mode is to turn off the designated breaker in your electrical panel to cut off power to the thermostat. Turning the breaker back on will then make the Wi-Fi network available for 15 minutes.
If you have any further questions or issues with connecting your thermostat, please reach out to our support team through firstname.lastname@example.org or our live chat.