What is a zone?
One of the many benefits of electric baseboard heating is the inherent ability to do zonal heating. Zonal heating allows you to control the temperature of your home from room to room instead of relying on a single central thermostat.
How Mysa approaches zones
At Mysa, we think of zones as groups of thermostats, which consist of two or more thermostats. The thermostats that are in a zone all follow the same master schedule and respond to same manual adjustments. Adjusting the setpoint temperature of a zone from the mobile app changes the setpoint temperature of all thermostats in the zone. In a near future via an over-the-air update, increasing or decreasing the setpoint temperature of the actual thermostat will automatically change the setpoint temperature of all of the other thermostats in the zone.
How to create a zone
- Open the Mysa app.
- In the top left corner of the Home screen, tap Menu.
- Tap Create Zones from the listed options in the side menu.
- On the Zone Creation screen, tap the start button to begin the process.
- On the Name Your Zone screen, tap the text input field to create a name for your zone.
- Tap the rooms (thermostats) that you wish to add to the zone. A checkmark indicates that the room was selected.
- Tap the Confirm button to complete the process.
- An alert will appear indicating that you have successfully created your zone. Tap one of the options to either add more zones or return to the Home screen.